Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival


Well, if it isn't obvious, the Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti, MI is a hell of a lot of fun. Riverside Park was full of beer loving, charismatic, fun seeking Michiganders and I even met some folks from surrounding states and even Hawaii. Michigan has one of the best Beer Festivals in the states and if you haven't been there yet, you need to. Those who have been there have more than likely made it an annual trip like myself. 8 hours in a car seems like a short trip when I think back to how much fun I've had there in the past.

My favorite beer that I tried was Jolly Pumpkin's Perseguidor 3. I also like what the Livery had to offer. Their Triple Weizenbock was pretty amazing. Big Rock Chop House had a whole line up of beers that could have kept me happy all day without going to any other tents. They had a Saison and a Fruit Beer called "Cherry Poppin' Danny's Cherry Ale". T'was Awesome!
blog comments powered by Disqus