Friday, August 1, 2008

Salmon & Green Beans with Sad Girl Saison





I was looking at a Sandra Lee recipe for beer and salmon and I just so happened to have a salmon fillet that I was needed to cook up today and I also have a Saison on tap so I figured I'd do my own variation of her recipe.

1 Salmon Fillet
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tablespoons organic cane sugar (called for brown sugar)
4 tablespoons butter
a few turns of pepper on the good ol' pepper mill
Just enough onion to lay over the top (red, white, or shallots would be great I'm sure)
Beer of your choice. I used a Belgian Saison that I brewed and I poured about 8 -12 oz of it in the tinfoil tray that I fashioned up. Pour just enough so you submerge the salmon only a little bit. I didn't fully cover the fish.
I baked this at about 350F for about 12 minutes or just until it starts to flake.

I paired this with the Saison that I used in the recipe and a side of green beans and it tasted great. It was actually the best piece of salmon I've had in years.
blog comments powered by Disqus