Monday, September 22, 2008

My Favorite Time of the Year

Well, it's my favorite time of the year again. The temperature is starting to drop a little bit, the sun is starting to set a little earlier, and the leaves are starting to change. As soon as I get the spirit of Autumn running through me I start to crave things like homemade apple cinnamon bread, pumpkin pie, maple syrup, apple cider.....and as of lately hard cider.

As a homebrewer and someone who loves the fall, I thought it was kind of rediculous that I have never made an attempt at making hard cider. I've really enjoyed every example I've ever tried but I just never thought to give it a go. Do you see where this is going? Well I just got home from downstate because I had a wedding to go to this weekend so while we were down there we decided to go check out a cider mill. My family and I stayed in Howell, Michigan which is sort of in between Lansing and Ann Arbor. I'ts a beautiful area and we really had a lot of fun down there. We went to visit the Historic Parshallville Grist Mill near Fenton. It is a great place to bring your family. Well I picked up 5 gallons of their cider to use in my hard cider that I plan on doing in the next day or two. I'll post something on that later. I just wanted to let everyone know about this place and post some of my pics (Below)






blog comments powered by Disqus